If you’ve ever been on either E-Harmony or Match.com websites, you know that there are a series of questions you need to answer before you are posted on the site.
The next thing it does to take your answers and try to match them up with someone who the software system thinks you are compatible with.
If only you had something like this to help you determine which real estate agents you’d get along with, who do business like you do, who you might not only become business partners with, but life-long friends.
Until someone builds a “matching” tool like this, you are going to have to rely on your gut, your heart, and a face-to-face interview to help you choose Realtors you’d like to work with.
So, here’s a series of questions created by Victoria DelFrate, Business Coach, ICanCoaching.net.
- Now that you've been a Realtor for "X" number of years, what were those things that you envisioned about getting into this business that have held true? What things have not held true?
- What has become tedious or energy-sapping for you in your business?
- What has become the most rewarding and/or energizing aspect of your business?
- What was your first six months like in the business? What challenges did you face?
- Did you ever have a time or a moment when you thought you'd get out of the business? What was going on at that time? What kept you from quitting?
- What is the most embarrassing encounter you've had as a Realtor?
- What were some of the things you were told to do to "make it" in this business when you first became a Realtor? What of those items turned out to be true and what did not pan out from that advice?
- What's the most creative thing you've done to market yourself?
- What is one thing that you spent money on to further your business that you now wish you hadn't invested in? What is one thing that you would spend that money on again and again?
- What was the most fun project you ever undertook as a Realtor to either market yourself, meet new prospects or further your personal growth?
- What habits are you still struggling to fully embrace that would help you to grow your business?
- What habits have you mastered that you are proud of that have helped you to grow your business?
- What special niches have you focused on? (i.e. Short sales, Senior focused special designation, company employee relocation, etc.) Did any one special niche work better for you than another?
- Who do you look to when you need to brainstorm, share ideas, get creative, etc.?
- Who have you looked up to in the business? Why do you think you loop up to them? What is it that you wish you were doing that this person has done?
- Do you consider anyone a mentor to you?
- How have you invested in your own personal and/or business growth over the years?
- What resources do you use that are a must in your business in your estimation?
- If you had to start your business from scratch all over again, what would you do differently? What would you avoid? What would you have implemented sooner, etc.?
- WHY do you do what you do every single day? What is driving you or motivating you to press on?
Depending on the answers, it will help you determine if you want to pursue a business relationship with the real estate agent, or if you already have one with an agent, to deepen the bond.
Post below if you have any additional questions you have asked real estate agents.