Lenders and servicers haven't faced the same scrutiny over data security as their peers in retail and other financial services sectors. But mortgage companies must remain vigilant, as the extensive data they collect can expose consumers to identity theft if it got in the wrong hands. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
With the election just weeks away, here's a look at the mortgage industry firms whose employees and affiliated political action committees have made the largest political contributions during the 2016 election cycle.
In an election year dominated by controversy and big personalities, political contributions from the mortgage industry have remained muted, reflecting apathy and uncertainty toward Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
In a move designed to help further calm lender fears about mortgage repurchase liability, Fannie Mae is preparing to offer immediate representation and warranty relief to lenders that use its suite of automated quality assurance technology.
BancorpSouth in Tupelo, Miss., reported higher third-quarter earnings after net interest and fee revenue improved from a year earlier.
Schenectady County, N.Y., will be auctioning off 59 properties in an effort to beef up the tax rolls.
Mortgage Contracting Services has acquired title insurance and settlement services provider Lenders Title Solutions.
Many home equity line of credit borrowers don't know when their draw period ends, and many do not have plans in place to handle that transition, according to TD Bank.
New mortgage foreclosure cases in southeastern Wisconsin continued at their slowest pace in more than a decade during the first three quarters of 2016.
- Seven South Dakota Counties Adopt Simplifile as State Authorizes E-Recording for the First Time
- Corporate Settlement Solutions Implements DocMagics Total eClose Solution
- First American Mortgage Solutions Makes Full Range of Services Available Through LendingQB
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties