USMI, the new trade group being formed to replace the Mortgage Insurance Companies of America, will include all of the active carriers in the industry except AIG's United Guaranty.
HSBC Holdings and Wells Fargo agreed to settle lawsuits by mortgage holders who alleged they were forced to pay for property insurance at inflated rates.
Mortgage Technology is pleased to begin accepting nominations for the 2014 Top 50 Service Providers.
Home equity lending increased for the first time last year but overall mortgage originations in January were the lowest since November 2008, according to Black Knight Financial Services.
After halting an Ocwen deal to purchase mortgage-servicing rights from Wells Fargo, New York's Department of Financial Services is turning its attention to another nonbank servicer, Nationstar.
From Our Blogs
»CFPB Sends a Message, Loud and Clear
»Enhancing Servicing Insight Through Big-Data Analytics
»Common Myths about Loan Modifications
»How to Manage Servicing Compliance Without Losing Your Mind
»Preparing for Litigation Under the Ability to Repay Rule
»Meeting QM Requirements with Centralized Data
»Using Consistency, Detail to Overcome New Appraisal Challenges
»A New Risk Surfaces: Is Your Organization Ready?
»All Clouds Are Not the Same: The Myth of Cloud Computing
»Get on Board the Digital Train
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced