By investing time early on with clients who may not be immediately ready for a mortgage, loan officer Becky Sandiland establishes relationships that generate future business. more »
We move MI forward through innovation, attractive transparent pricing, the best terms of coverage, and a highly responsive approach to working with you.
More in OriginationSee All »
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's proposal Friday updating its mortgage disclosure rule did not give lenders what they wanted: an ability to correct errors after a loan has closed and a release from liability for technical violations. But the 293-page proposal did provide revisions that will help in compliance and the closing of more loans.
The private equity firm GTCR is interested in fintech companies looking to disrupt the status quo, so long as they have proved themselves and are paired with managers who have a long track record of success.
TFS Financial in Cleveland posted a double-digit profit increase in the quarter that ended June 30 thanks to a combination of improved credit quality and lower expenses.
Loan application defect risk continued its downward slide in June, according to First American Financial Corp.
Foundation Asset Management has requested a special meeting of Stewart Information Services Corp. stockholders, where it will propose removing co-vice chairmen Malcolm Morris and Stewart Morris Jr. from the company's board of directors.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development has reached an agreement with Citizens Bank to settle allegations that the bank discriminated against a woman on maternity leave.
The CFPB updated its "Know Before You Owe" mortgage disclosure rule to provide more clarity to lenders. It has proposed additional tolerance provisions, clarified a partial exemption for housing finance agencies, extended the rule's coverage to all cooperative units, and provided more clarity about privacy and the sharing of information.
The Federal Housing Administration is promoting a particular kind of financing for residential energy retrofits that another regulator staunchly opposes. Mortgage lenders and investors have qualms, too, about the impact on their standing in collateral claims.
- How Democrats and Republicans Differ on Next Steps for Housing
- Fannie and Freddie Still Encourage Biased Appraisals
- How This California Loan Officer Makes Her Moo-la
- Marketing Tool Uses Big Data to Predict Home Buyers and Borrowers
- Democratic Platform Shifts from Post-Crisis Recovery to Housing Access
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording
- Simplifile Staffs Up to Support Mortgage Lender Initiatives
- Assurant Acquires American Title, Leader in Title and Valuation Latest Expansion of Capabilities in Housing Market
- Capsilon Announces Growth Investment from Francisco Partners