The multifamily construction boom may finally be coming to an end as leasing of new units has slowed and lenders are becoming more cautious. more »
The New York real estate mogul Donald Trump defied all conventional wisdom by winning the presidency, a huge upset that is sending shock waves through the political and policy establishment.
More in OriginationSee All »
Employment in the nondepository mortgage lenders and brokers sector grew for the fifth straight month, according to the Bureau of Labor of Statistics.
A federal jury in Houston awarded the U.S. government $92 million in civil damages after finding two mortgage companies and one of its executives responsible for more than a decade of mortgage insurance fraud.
Atlanta's home prices rose 5.3% during the past year, slightly better than the gain in most large metro areas.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Dec. 2.
NAHREP Consulting Services, a consulting firm that specializes in housing and the Latino market, has created a new program to help lenders looking to ramp up their market efforts in diverse communities.
The mortgage interest deduction will be limited in reforms designed to provide tax cuts for middle-class borrowers, but not those with higher incomes, according to Treasury Secretary-designate Steve Mnuchin.
The debate over housing finance reform appears to have new life as both Democrats and the next administration appear ready to take up the issue.
The Federal Housing Administration will increase loan limits across most areas in the United States in 2017 to reflect rising home prices.
- Capsilon Survey Reveals 70 Percent of Lenders Expect Mortgage Loan Production Costs to Rise in 2017
- Simplifiles Nationwide E-recording Network Achieves Record 1,500 Participating Counties
- Simplifile Reports Continued Expansion of E-Recording Infrastructure, Electronic Document Submission in Q3 2016
- First American Mortgage Solutions Invests In Helping Lenders And Servicers Achieve Sustainable Quality And Growth
- First American Mortgage Solutions launches Vendor Management Suite to aid with Lender compliance requirement