Banks want all loans held in portfolio to be classified as ultrasafe regardless of the underwriting characteristics or of a bank's asset size. But consumer activists and independent mortgage lenders are raising red flags ahead of possible Senate Banking action.
Continuing its strong performance from the previous quarter, LendingTree reported record revenue in both its mortgage and non-mortgage lead generation business for the first quarter.
Mortgage professional hiring and new job appointments for the week ending May 1.
The continued run of low mortgage interest rates is enticing more homeowners than homebuyers into new loans, as they look to shorten the time it takes to pay off their homes and, increasingly, tap into their equity.
» When it Comes to Customers, Happy is as Happy Does
» Demonize Housing All You Like, It's Still Critically Important
» Millennial Expectations Demand Tech and Customer Service Upgrades
» 5 Signs that You Are Micromanaging Your Files
» If Detroit Survived Fuel-Economy Rules, Lenders Can Survive New Disclosures
» Make Sure This Remains Your Best Year Ever
» Impending FHA Guidelines Propel Reverse Mortgage Industry Forward
» 5 Ways Your Staff Fails at Marketing Your Company
» 5 Ways to Coach Your People to Success
» Here Comes the Sun
2015 Top Producers
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report
- Auction.com Ranks Spring's Hottest Single Family Markets
- Black Knight Financial Services Wins Seven Prestigious Stevie Awards for Excellence in Sales and Customer Service