A flood of fintech companies are promising to create a better experience for mortgage borrowers, forcing lenders to contemplate buying a vendor's software, building applications in-house or even outright acquiring a company with digital expertise. more »
The New York real estate mogul Donald Trump defied all conventional wisdom by winning the presidency, a huge upset that is sending shock waves through the political and policy establishment.
More in OriginationSee All »
One of latest proposals for reviving the private-label residential mortgage market involves improving communications between issuers and investors.
Data aggregation and analytics platform provider Envestnet-Yodlee has created a new automated mortgage asset verification product.
The Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization is proposing a standard for the maintenance and sharing of commercial and multifamily real estate rent-roll information.
From the rising influence of millennials to shifting trends in home prices and housing inventory, here's a look at the top housing market trends for 2017.
Moves by lenders to adapt their processes with the TILA-RESPA integrated disclosure rule in mind appear to have staunched the increase in loan application defects, according to ACES Risk Management.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Dec. 9.
An Albuquerque businessman and his real estate company are accused of preying on vulnerable Spanish-only speakers by selling them defective repo homes and refusing to refund deposits, according to a lawsuit filed by Attorney General Hector Balderas this week.
A California bank is planning to add mortgages and home equity lines to its product set.
- Capsilon Survey Reveals 70 Percent of Lenders Expect Mortgage Loan Production Costs to Rise in 2017
- Simplifiles Nationwide E-recording Network Achieves Record 1,500 Participating Counties
- Simplifile Reports Continued Expansion of E-Recording Infrastructure, Electronic Document Submission in Q3 2016
- First American Mortgage Solutions Invests In Helping Lenders And Servicers Achieve Sustainable Quality And Growth
- First American Mortgage Solutions launches Vendor Management Suite to aid with Lender compliance requirement