The Atlanta bank's CEO sounds upbeat on the mortgage and housing markets. Unlike JPMorgan Chase, SunTrust appears to be committed to the FHA lending business following a large government settlement.
BB&T Corp. said the Department of Housing and Urban Development plans to audit the lender over sales of government-backed loans.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau worries that mini-correspondent lenders are circumventing its qualified mortgage rule. But a large number of mortgage brokers converted to mini-correspondents because the rule made it harder to operate as a broker.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a bill Thursday to extend the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act, as divisions over a competing measure continue to stymie House leaders.
From Our Blogs
»CFPB Complaint Plan Invites Abuses, Assures Higher Costs
»HUD Helps Clear Confusion in Loans to Long Term Care Industry
»Passing the CFPB Servicing File Test
»Dave Brat Fudges the 'Blame Fannie and Freddie' Narrative
»Will Student Loans Kill the Purchase Mortgage Market?
»HMDA Data Offers Clues on Discrimination Against Gays
»What's at Stake in Supreme Court Mortgage Rescission Case
»Attempt to Retroactively Apply LO Comp Fails
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter