Crescent Real Estate Equities, a real estate investment trust based in Fort Worth, Texas, has announced that it is entering into joint venture transactions valued at $1.2 billion involving five of its office properties.The five properties -- The Crescent, Trammell Crow Center, and Fountain Place in Dallas, and the Houston Center and Post Oak Central in Houston -- are to be sold in two phases. The first phase involves a joint venture of three of the properties, valued at $898.5 million, with JP Morgan Asset Management, whereby JPM will hold a 60% interest in the properties. Crescent said it is negotiating with another institutional partner to further reduce the office REIT's stake in these properties to 24%. JPM is also acquiring a 76% interest in the other two properties, valued at $320.5 million and totaling 2.3 million square feet, leaving Crescent with a 24% interest in them, the REIT said. Crescent said it expects to generate $316 million in net cash proceeds and to post a $211 million gain on the sale of these interests in the fourth quarter. The REIT will continue to manage and lease the properties.

Subscribe Now

Authoritative analysis and perspective for every segment of the mortgage industry

30-Day Free Trial

Authoritative analysis and perspective for every segment of the mortgage industry