SANTA ANA, Calif., Nov. 1, 2016 – First American Mortgage Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) and a leading provider of comprehensive solutions for lenders and servicers that cover the entire loan spectrum, today shared highlights from the company’s evolution over the last 12 months as it focuses on assisting clients in building and executing sustainable growth business models with a focus on quality.
“As the mortgage finance industry adapts to the dynamic regulatory environment and technological disruption in today’s marketplace, we’re committed to investing and innovating in order to drive operational efficiency and maintain regulatory compliance, all while delivering an exceptional customer experience,” said Kevin Wall, president of First American Mortgage Solutions. “Through a series of strategic investments and by leveraging deep assets across First American, we’ve expanded our capabilities and reach across the mortgage loan spectrum, reaffirming our unwavering commitment to the Pursuit of Certainty in Lending and to supporting lenders and servicers.”
Below is an overview of investments by First American in the past year:
- October 2015: Announced completion of its union with Interthinx®, including ACI, which expanded Mortgage Solutions’ data and analytic capabilities through products and services in fraud and verification, regulatory compliance, automated valuation and collateral risk, quality control and fulfillment services.
- October 2015: Expanded data solution offering to include bulk licensing of industry-leading real estate data.
- March 2016: Received independent, third-party validation on its quality efforts in origination and servicing through ISO 9001 certification (the only title & settlement provider to do so). As a result of its control framework, First American Mortgage Solutions reports zero operational issues following external audits by clients in in 2016, despite an increase in audit scrutiny due to regulatory pressures.
- April 2016: Broadened its valuation offering with the acquisition of Forsythe Appraisals, the largest independent residential appraisal company in the U.S., setting the stage for a unique Appraisal Management Company and staff appraisal model.
- April 2016: Expanded the number of title plants offered by Data Trace, a subsidiary of First American and provider of data solutions for the title and settlement services industry, with the addition of 12 new geographically indexed, P-12 compliant thick title plants in Texas.
- July 2016: Launched DataTree’s new TotalView report, which combines data from public and proprietary sources to provide a current, complete view of property, ownership, encumbrances and market data
- September 2016: Acquired RedVision, the largest independent national provider of title and real property research, further expanding First American’s industry-leading position in title and property data, including the ability to leverage RedVision data to build additional title plants.
- October 2016: Launched its Vendor Management Suite exclusively for the mortgage industry. This automated, single-platform solution helps reduce loan repurchase risk related to vendor due diligence issues by enabling continuous oversight of thousands of counterparties efficiently and economically.
- October 2016: Created Total Valuation Suite by converging the company’s comprehensive appraisal solutions, ACI Sky technology, and data and analytics with exceptional quality and customer service.
- October 2016: Expanded existing mortgage post-closing technology, products and services to help deliver loan perfection with the acquisition of TD Service Financial Corporation, a leading provider of mortgage post-closing and document management services.
- October 2016: First and only real estate data provider to offer 100 percent U.S. coverage in property ownership data, and launched the industry’s largest, nationwide homeowners association (HOA) database, adding additional property transaction deed and mortgage coverage, as well as expanding the company’s property tax database nationwide.
For more information, watch a video overview of First American's end-to-end mortgage solutions and view our latest news releases.
About First American Mortgage Solutions
First American Mortgage Solutions, a part of the First American family of companies, provides comprehensive solutions for residential lenders and servicers covering the entire loan spectrum. First American Mortgage Solutions, together with First American’s broader capabilities, serves as a single source for title and settlement, data and analytics, fraud and verification, regulatory compliance, valuation and collateral risk, quality control, fulfillment services, and default services. More information about First American Mortgage Solutions can be found at www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions.
About First American
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a leading provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions that traces its heritage back to 1889. First American also provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. With revenues of $5.2 billion in 2015, the company offers its products and services directly and through its agents throughout the United States and abroad. In 2016, First American was recognized by Fortune® magazine as one of the 100 best companies to work for in America. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com.
# # #
First American Financial Corporation
First American Financial Corporation