After analyzing my numbers last year and realizing I need to deepen my relationships with referral partners, I decided to do a lunch blitz. I've been a bit lazy in this area lately and so it's been a while since I've taken many of my Realtors to lunch.
Here's the numbers: In the last six business days, I've taken seven Realtors to lunch, had my first networking group breakfast that has a Realtor team involved, sponsored a continuing education class and shared lunch with quite a few Realtors that were attending. I've contacted another seven agents to discuss a time when we can get together for lunch in the future. I plan to keep on this for the next few weeks until I have taken all of my referral (current and potential) partners to lunch.
Here are a few of the things I bring up during lunch:
- I explain that my goal is to serve them and help their business grow in 2013
- I ask about 2012 and their goals for 2013
- I ask about their frustrations with other lenders (not names, just scenarios) so I can let them know how I am handling different things. This has led to some great conversations!
- I ask about their marketing. What they have done in the past and what they plan to do this year.
- I share a few marketing tips with them (database mailing ideas, pop by ideas etc.)
What are YOU doing to deepen your referral partner relationships?