The bill would require written contract amendments, signed by the lender, for most loans. Legislators took up the issue after a judge in the state sided with a borrower's claim of having an oral agreement from Bank of America to modify a mortgage.
HSBC Holdings defeated New York's lawsuit alleging its paperwork delays put property owners in foreclosure at an increased risk of losing their homes.
The striking poster is on its way to Washington, D.C., specifically to the U.S. Senate chamber.
Detroit will work aggressively to make sure it has enough affordable housing for low-income residents to stay in or move back to the city now that the federal government has restored local control of the city's once-troubled public housing agency, Mayor Mike Duggan said.
From Our Blogs
»The Mobile Mortgage Opportunity
»Servicers Should Engage Mediators in Distressed Borrower Outreach
»Short Memories Often Have Long-Term Consequences
»The Hidden Impact of HOA Delinquencies
»New HECM Rules For Surviving Spouses Fall Short
»Market for MSRs Not So Lopsided After All
»Take Advantage of Opportunities to Get Ahead of HELOC Resets
»Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
»Debt Collection Law Warped by New Breed of Suits
»Understanding Mortgage Servicing in the Twitterverse
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Warehouse Lenders, Mortgage Originators Back on the Same Page
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer