Banks are dumping their mortgage servicing rights because low rates and new rules make it hard to earn a profit. SunTrust, Flagstar and First South Bancorp in North Carolina are taking the opposite view. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
IBM will purchase Promontory Financial Group a consultancy so influential it has been dubbed the industry's "shadow regulator" in a move that could extend artificial intelligence into every aspect of banking.
Toledo's mortgage delinquency rate improved in July, a month after a noticeable jump.
An Atlanta housing group has won a $1 million federal grant to buy and fix up vacant homes for low-income families.
Commercial mortgage loans held by life insurance companies provided lower returns in the second quarter than the previous one, according to the LifeComps Commercial Mortgage Loan Index.
State officials today will announce a $110 million program aimed at helping thousands of homeowners struggling to stay in their homes.
Fannie Mae has awarded its latest "community impact" pool of nonperforming loans to an affiliate of the nonprofit New Jersey Community Capital.
Counties could underwrite demolition work by levying a new fee on recorded deeds under a bill gaining momentum in the remaining weeks of the legislative session.
At up to $69 a pound, the organic Kona coffee produced by Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation is worth guarding. But a security team outside the Hawaii farm being paid $2,000 a day isn't stationed there by farm owners Trent and Lisa Bateman.
- First American Mortgage Solutions Makes Full Range of Services Available Through LendingQB
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording