In order to address lenders' issues with mortgage servicing rights financing, the industry needs to reconsider its typical securitization structures. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
Net income was also aided by a sharp drop in the provision for credit losses as chargeoffs on energy loans continued to decline.
The foreclosure presale inventory rate fell year over year by 30% in December, signaling the most improvement of any year on record, according to Black Knight Financial Services.
Filing tax returns is confusing enough but will be much more complicated this year for tens of thousands of flood-stricken south Louisiana homeowners trying to account for their damaged homes and belongings, expenses and plummeting property values.
Three people, including a Bonner Springs, Kan., woman, are charged in federal court with scamming homeowners facing mortgage foreclosure.
Deutsche Bank sought an unusual provision in its $7.2 billion mortgage-bond settlement with the U.S. government, and seems to have won it: the bank can pay down part of its penalty by lending money to fund managers.
A subsidiary of PennyMac Financial Services is offering secured term notes that are collateralized by Ginnie Mae mortgage servicing rights.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Jan. 20.
The foreclosure rate among outstanding mortgage loans in Albuquerque decreased to 1.61% in October, though foreclosure activity was still slightly higher than the national rate of 0.85%, according to CoreLogic.
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB
- Freedom Mortgage Wholesale Division Now Using Simplifile Collaboration Service
- Ellie Mae® Selects DataVerify® Risk Mitigation System for Its Total Quality Loan Program
- Four New Counties Adopt Simplifile as Wyoming Authorizes E-recording Statewide
- FIRST AMERICAN MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS INTEGRATES FRAUDGUARD WITH LOANLOGICS LOANHD PLATFORM