Some banks are set to get a fourth-quarter earnings boost from their MSR portfolios, thanks to a sudden spike in yields on Treasury bonds. Add to that the prospect of further rate hikes and the potential dismantling of Basel III, and more banks could be encouraged to re-enter the servicing business. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
Foreclosure rates in Southwest Florida, which for years ranked among the nation's highest, are now approaching the U.S. average.
The price a Viriginia city has offered for a family's home in a neighborhood affected by environmental hazards falls $18,000 short of what they owe on their mortgage.
Ben Carson accepted Donald Trump's offer to lead the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, according to a statement from the president-elect's transition office Monday.
The foreclosure rate in the San Antonio-New Braunfels metro area fell in September for the 51st month in a row, staying well below the national rate.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Dec. 2.
Steven Mnuchin's confirmation hearing is likely to be dogged by stories of homeowners who claim his bank, OneWest, illegally foreclosed on them. While the stories are unlikely to prevent President-elect Donald Trump's pick from being confirmed, it could weaken Mnuchin politically and rehash grievances from the financial crisis.
Privatizing the government-sponsored enterprises is a priority for Treasury Secretary-designate Steven Mnuchin. Here's a look at what it will take to pull off and the potential implications for the mortgage industry of unwinding the conservatorship.
Bank of America has conditionally completed 97% of the $7 billion in consumer relief it agreed to provide as part of its 2014 settlement with the Department of Justice and six states.
- Capsilon Survey Reveals 70 Percent of Lenders Expect Mortgage Loan Production Costs to Rise in 2017
- Simplifiles Nationwide E-recording Network Achieves Record 1,500 Participating Counties
- Simplifile Reports Continued Expansion of E-Recording Infrastructure, Electronic Document Submission in Q3 2016
- First American Mortgage Solutions Invests In Helping Lenders And Servicers Achieve Sustainable Quality And Growth
- First American Mortgage Solutions launches Vendor Management Suite to aid with Lender compliance requirement