Guild Mortgage in San Diego has acquired Northwest Mortgage Group in Portland, Ore., for an undisclosed price. Through this transaction, Guild adds eight branches and $842 million in loan volume to its portfolio.
Freddie Mac has priced two bonds that offload the risk of a reference portfolio of mortgages insured by the agency.
Cities in Texas and Washington in had the strongest housing markets in September, according to Pro Teck Valuation Services.
Richard Davis says despite recently announced changes to reassure lenders about putbacks, he will stay on the sidelines due concerns about compliance and litigation risk.
Compliance costs are a wild card that is hurting profits.
From Our Blogs
»Roulette Red Quickly Turns into Red Rocks Outside Las Vegas
»Vegas Dining Makes a Bid to Provide Quality as Well as Quantity
»Social Media Dialogue Adds Digital Element to MBA Annual Experience
»Private Mortgage Securitizations Have a Math Problem
»REO Brokers Should Diversify Services, but
»What the DOJ Wants When It Comes Knocking
»The Scientific Approach to Mitigating Operational Risk
»How Auctioning Troubled Mortgages Can Boost the Housing Recovery
»How Lenders Can Use CFPB Complaint Data to Improve Performance
»New WTC Tower Still Sits Vacant, But Is Already Full of Memories
- Black Knights MSP Servicing System Supports Surge in Home Equity Loans With a Single Platform
- NTC Study Reveals up to 490,000 Homeowners May be Affected by Inaccurate Servicing Records
- Black Knight Financial Services Delivers SalesEdge, a Complete Lead Management and CRM Solution In One System
- ServiceLink Adds Valuations and Appraisal Pro Nick Johnson To Executive Sales Team
- ServiceLink Welcomes Kelly Johnson to Its Executive Sales Team