Wells Fargo executives said they support federal regulators' effort to expand mortgage credit availability but cautioned that it will produce little benefit for the bank's, or the industry's, bottom line.
Fiserv and ChannelNet have added a feature to LoanLink, their borrower self-service tool, that lets distressed consumers apply online to restructure their mortgage or installment loans.
Home equity lines of credit have been a key area of improvement among consumer loan types, a report Thursday from the American Bankers Association shows.
The nation's inventory of homes in some stage of foreclosure declined 4.8% in May from April, the 31st straight month-to-month drop, CoreLogic reported.
Redwood Trust is coming back to the market with its second residential mortgage-backed security of 2014, according to a presale report from Kroll Bond Ratings Agency.
From Our Blogs
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»Passing the CFPB Servicing File Test
»The Payoff from Automating Payoffs
»Dave Brat Fudges the 'Blame Fannie and Freddie' Narrative
»Have Delinquencies Really Declined Or Just Relocated?
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
»Get a Handle on Mortgage Servicing Challenges
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter