Brokers of servicing rights say the overall market remains robust, despite suggestions by Ocwen's William Erbey last week that trades had ground to a halt. Trading of seriously delinquent portfolios has slowed on concerns about increased liability.
Mortgage delinquency and foreclosure rates in March declined to levels not seen in at least six years, according to data from Black Knight Financial Services.
Property-tax collections are rising at the fastest pace since the housing market crash sent government revenue plunging, helping end an era of local budget cuts.
U.S. Court puts pressure on HUD to help surviving spouses stay in their homes.
Perpetrators fraudulently acquired close to 40 homes, and used at least one to grow marijuana when it became vacant.
From Our Blogs
»How to Improve Servicing Call Centers with Existing Tech
»The HELOC Reset Wave: Sink or Swim
»CFPB Sends a Message, Loud and Clear
»Enhancing Servicing Insight Through Big-Data Analytics
»Common Myths about Loan Modifications
»How to Manage Servicing Compliance Without Losing Your Mind
»Preparing for Litigation Under the Ability to Repay Rule
»Meeting QM Requirements with Centralized Data
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders