Official puts servicers on notice that they should be ready to help borrowers who cant afford the higher monthly payments.
Holders of residential mortgage-backed securities are planning to communicate with trustees and master servicers about Ocwen Financials practices, according to the Association of Mortgage Investors.
Hope LoanPort has started new collaborative partnerships with several national organizations to collectively provide foreclosure-related fraud prevention assistance to homeowners.
USMI, the new trade group being formed to replace the Mortgage Insurance Companies of America, will include all of the active carriers in the industry except AIG's United Guaranty.
HSBC Holdings and Wells Fargo agreed to settle lawsuits by mortgage holders who alleged they were forced to pay for property insurance at inflated rates.
From Our Blogs
»CFPB Sends a Message, Loud and Clear
»Enhancing Servicing Insight Through Big-Data Analytics
»Common Myths about Loan Modifications
»How to Manage Servicing Compliance Without Losing Your Mind
»Preparing for Litigation Under the Ability to Repay Rule
»Meeting QM Requirements with Centralized Data
»Using Consistency, Detail to Overcome New Appraisal Challenges
»A New Risk Surfaces: Is Your Organization Ready?
»All Clouds Are Not the Same: The Myth of Cloud Computing
»Get on Board the Digital Train
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced