Stearns Lending, a nonbank mortgage lender in Santa Ana, Calif., has hired a former Bank of America executive and banking veteran to lead its retail lending growth efforts.
Caliber Home Loans in Irving, Texas, has agreed to buy Cobalt Mortgage in Kirkland, Wash.
In his first major policy speech as the new housing secretary, Julian Castro voiced support for a Senate bill to reform housing finance and said policymakers should "remove the stigma associated with promoting homeownership."
Ron Hermance, chairman and chief executive of Hudson City Bancorp in Paramus, N.J., has died.
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available