Nominations open for the 2021 Best Mortgage Companies to Work for
National Mortgage News is now accepting nominations for its third annual listings of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for. This is a survey and awards program dedicated to identifying and recognizing the best employers and providing organizations with valuable employee feedback.
The Best Mortgage Companies to Work for is a collaboration between National Mortgage News and the Best Companies Group, which conducts extensive employee surveys and reviews employer reports on benefits and policies.
For 2020, 40 mortgage lenders, brokers and servicers of all sizes were cited for what makes them stand out among their peers. In last year's edition, Fairway Independent Mortgage with over 7,000 employees was ranked No. 1, while for 2019, it was Highland Residential, which had 352 employees.
Mortgage companies must opt in to be considered. The deadline to register is Friday, Sept. 18, 2020.
Participation is open to companies that meet the following criteria:
• Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
• Be a publicly or privately held business
• Have a facility in the United States
• Have a minimum of 15 permanent employees working in the U.S.
• Must be in business a minimum of one year
• Must be a standalone mortgage lender, mortgage broker, or mortgage servicer, or mortgage unit of a diversified financial services firm (employees' responsibilities must be concentrated on mortgage operation — i.e., not general staff in a retail bank branch)
• Only one entry per parent company. If an origination and a servicer apply and are controlled by the same company, you must enter as one organization
• Investment banks, securitization firms, government sponsored entities, mortgage technology companies and mortgage insurers are not eligible (although distinct origination or servicing arms of such companies may apply under the same conditions as above)
The survey is conducted in two parts. First, employers will complete an in-depth questionnaire. Second, employees will have the opportunity to offer their honest feedback by taking part in a company-wide survey. Both portions of the assessment must be complete in order to be considered for recognition.
Once both portions of the assessment are complete, the data is analyzed and participating organizations will be ranked. Winning companies will be notified in writing whether or not they made the list in December. The final rankings will be published by National Mortgage News in February. Non-winning companies are not publicly revealed.
For more information about the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for program, please visit bestmortgagecompaniestoworkfor.com.
Concurrently, Arizent is accepting nominations for the Best Fintechs to Work for awards program. In 2020, mortgage lender Better.com ranked 20th on that list.
Companies must opt-in to be considered. The deadline to register is Friday, Sept. 25 2020.
For more information about the Best Fintechs to Work for program, visit www.bestplacestoworkfintech.com.