Whether it's the CFPB, a state regulator or a financial auditor coming to visit, here are some tips on getting your shop ready for the checkup.
Home equity lines of credit have been a key area of improvement among consumer loan types, a report Thursday from the American Bankers Association shows.
The nation's inventory of homes in some stage of foreclosure declined 4.8% in May from April, the 31st straight month-to-month drop, CoreLogic reported.
Redwood Trust is coming back to the market with its second residential mortgage-backed security of 2014, according to a presale report from Kroll Bond Ratings Agency.
When reporting defaults on government-insured single-family mortgages, the FHA identifies the primary borrower to a government database, but rarely provides the names of the co-borrowers, HUD's inspector general found.
From Our Blogs
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»Passing the CFPB Servicing File Test
»The Payoff from Automating Payoffs
»Dave Brat Fudges the 'Blame Fannie and Freddie' Narrative
»Have Delinquencies Really Declined Or Just Relocated?
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
»Get a Handle on Mortgage Servicing Challenges
- Mortgage Insurers Jockey to Stand Out in Contract Overhaul
- SunTrust Shows Some Banks Still Willing, Able to Buy MSRs
- Ginnie Mae Gets Proactive Amid Concerns About Nonbank Servicers
- Supreme Court NLRB Decision Has Ripple Effects for Lenders
- Middle Way on Mortgage Tax Deduction Aims to End Homelessness
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter