Republican lawmakers are citing a recent report that delinquencies rose for loans guaranteed by the Federal Housing Administration as a reason to delay a premium cut, but economists suggest the uptick is related to seasonal issues. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Feb. 24.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's arbitration rule will likely be overturned by Congress if the agency moves ahead with finalizing it.
The monthly prepayment rate declined in January, an indication of the effects of higher interest rates.
Although issuance of residential mortgage-backed securities remains down from a year ago, the number of nontraditional deals is continuing to grow, according to Moody's Investors Service.
MetaSource has acquired Dallas-based mortgage document firm Orion Financial Group in an effort to expand upon its lien release offerings.
The Plaza at PPL Center in Allentown, Pa., home to Talen Energy, could soon be headed for the commercial mortgage bond equivalent of foreclosure, a move that would open the door to new owners who could offer lower, more competitive rents.
The new owners of Colorado Crossing, the stalled mixed-use development in northern Colorado Springs, have renamed it "Victory Ridge" and hope a sports complex and variety of residential and commercial uses will transform the troubled project into a winner.
Ocwen Financial Corp. reduced its net loss in the fourth quarter, a reflection of the company's efforts to reduce expenses.
- IDS Updates Borrower Data Collection Fields, Supports MISMO v 3.4 for HMDA Compliance
- LenderLive to Assume PHHs Private Label Mortgage Operations in Jacksonville
- Simplifile E-recording Network Gains 43 New Counties in South, Midwest
- First American Mortgage Solutions Debuts Cleanfile Solutions To Help Lenders Perfect And Complete Collateral Files
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB