Mortgage servicers have failed to make significant investments in technology and compliance systems, resulting in substantial harm to consumers, according to a report issued Wednesday by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
The U.S. mortgage market is of course considerably smaller, safer and less accessible than it was nine years ago.
The Federal Housing Finance Agencys first report on the sales of nonperforming loans owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac may seem discouraging at first.
Mortgage professional hiring and new job appointments for the week ending July 1.
Inaccurately insured homes can cost mortgage servicers millions of dollars in civil penalties a loss that can be prevented by better understanding the figures and analysis used to determine the correct cost of insurance needed.
Calhoun County, Ala., had the fewest foreclosures over the last three months than in any second quarter since before the 2007 Great Recession.
Nonperforming loan investors will have to consider principal reductions and offer more sustainable loan modifications.
As Colorado Springs' housing market improves, the area's foreclosure picture continues to brighten.
The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear a case regarding a clause in Fannie Mae's corporate charter that awards jurisdiction over every case involving the government-sponsored enterprise to federal courts.
- Capsilon Announces Growth Investment from Francisco Partners
- Wells Fargo Approves Hybrid eClosings on Pavasos Digital Close Platform
- Arbor Bank Selects Pavaso Digital Close Platform
- DocMagic Announces eQC Automated Due Diligence Solution for Investors and Correspondent Lenders
- Simplifile Signs On 22 Additional Counties in Midwest, West Coast regions