Homeowners associations seeking unpaid dues are seizing on a court decision allowing them to foreclose on properties ahead of banks, and the FHFA is litigating to defend Fannie and Freddie mortgages. Private lenders, meanwhile, are trying to keep the problem from spreading to more states.
Almost 80% of the metro Milwaukee area's most-active real estate markets saw an increase in the average home price in 2014, and real estate analysts expect the trend to continue this year.
Mobile boards hung with candy-colored pages announcing the day's foreclosure hearings still stand sentry on the fourth floor of the Palm Beach County, Fla., courthouse makeshift organizers erected during the unbridled early days of the housing crisis.
Thousands of struggling Michigan homeowners who got a break on their mortgage during the financial crisis will get a letter this year with a bit of bad news.
Although foreclosures had peaked in 2010 in many states and metropolitan areas, statistics show a different story for Maryland.
From Our Blogs
»Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
»Debt Collection Law Warped by New Breed of Suits
»Understanding Mortgage Servicing in the Twitterverse
»New Subprime Loans Use Less Technology
»Are Servicers Ready for the Next Wave of Defaults?
»The Tale of Two Masters
»Roulette Red Quickly Turns into Red Rocks Outside Las Vegas
»Vegas Dining Makes a Bid to Provide Quality as Well as Quantity
»Private Mortgage Securitizations Have a Math Problem
»REO Brokers Should Diversify Services, but
- JPM, Wells Loan Officers Got Kickbacks from Title Firm, CFPB Says
- Altisource Adds Chief Revenue Officer to Ease Reliance on Ocwen
- Ocwen's Altisource Spinoff Fires 800 as CEO Pleas for Calm
- Hope of FHA Refi Boom Grows on Eve of Premium Cut
- What a New Measure of Mortgage Denials Reveals About Credit Access
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million
- Statement from Auction.com Research Topic: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) December Employment Situation
- Inlanta Mortgage Opens New Illinois Branch Office
- Auction.com Facilitates the Closing of More than $205 Million in Commercial Assets in November