Walter Investment Management has received approval from Freddie Mac to hold the mortgage servicing rights on $3.3 billion in residential mortgage loans.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development's policies governing the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage program failed to detect instances where borrowers failed to comply with residency requirements, according to a report.
The share of properties sold during the foreclosure process continued to drop in July as the housing market continued on strong footing, according to RealtyTrac.
Quicken Loans, Home Depot and city officials announced details of a project to renovate 65 Detroit homes and auction them through the city's land bank in a bid to boost property values in four neighborhoods.
» Here's One Thing the CFPB Gets Right
» Why Default Servicing Processes Haven't Improved Since the Crisis
» How Mortgage Servicers Can Win Over Millennials
» How to Stay Afloat in the Coming HELOC Reset Tidal Wave
» JPMorgan Enforcement Action Solidifies CFPB Negligence Standard
» Lawmakers' Inaction Could Put Homeowners in Double Jeopardy
» Past Problems Will Make Next REO Cycle Unique Unto Itself
» Five Top Trends for MBA Secondary
» Freddie Mac's Audit Survival Guide for Lenders
- NTC named one of the Top Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Inc. Magazine
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report