The Federal Housing Administration should look to private mortgage insurance companies as a model for how to standardize the claim review process. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
The greatest responsibility lenders and servicers have to homeowners is making sure property tax payment is accurate and on-time.
A third building that's part of the Quantum Corp. office complex in northern Colorado Springs has fallen into foreclosure, joining two buildings that were foreclosed on last week, El Paso County Public Trustee's Office records show.
Colony Starwood Homes has sold a portfolio of 1,675 nonperforming loans, as it winds down its business in the space.
The loan-holder for a real estate development partnership in Leelanau County, Mich., can't foreclose on its loan for 60 days.
The Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif., area's foreclosure rate and mortgage delinquency rate both fell in June.
The first residential mortgage-backed securities class rated by Fitch Ratings post-crisis has paid off, the ratings agency said Monday.
In just a few years, a popular mall with high-end anchor stores and boutique retail tenants can fall into substandard property condition, leaving commercial mortgage bond investors with outsized losses on their exposure to these properties.
Many lenders are still reluctant to give mortgages to borrowers with less-than-pristine credit, yet such loans are far more likely than prime jumbo loans to be bundled into collateral bonds. Sreeni Prabhu of Angel Oak Capital credits banks' behavior and higher interest rates for that reality.
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording
- Simplifile Staffs Up to Support Mortgage Lender Initiatives