A regulatory mechanism designed to support unsolicited ratings includes obligations that complicate its use. Post-crisis single-family securitization sectors like the new rental market are instead drawing "unsolicited comments."
Nonagency mortgage securitization has fallen well short of forecasts this year, as commercial banks bid up for loans to put on their balance sheets. But the fourth quarter could offer this moribund market a chance at redemption.
The pricing of the class-A notes paralleled that seen in a recent first-time issuer's single-family rental securitization in August, but the pricing for the rest of the capital structure differed.
Hope LoanPort has partnered with technology provider IndiSoft to launch the National Homeownership Solutions Platform.
Mortgage insurers agree that the FHFA's capital-retention proposal would offer more clarity than the existing regulatory framework, but they share concerns about the treatment of single-premium policies, risk requirements and other details.
From Our Blogs
»New WTC Tower Still Sits Vacant, But Is Already Full of Memories
»The Power of Bundling Technology and Operations for Mortgage Servicers
»How Banks Can Back the Military on the Home Front
»Walking Dead? Beware the Zombie Foreclosure
»Is Green the Only Color That Matters in Mortgages? If Only
»The Unvarnished Truth About Rising REO Volume
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»Passing the CFPB Servicing File Test
»The Payoff from Automating Payoffs
»Dave Brat Fudges the 'Blame Fannie and Freddie' Narrative
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available