Embattled mortgage servicer Ocwen Financial faces up to $26 billion in damage claims by bondholders and a greater risk of being fired as a mortgage servicer on thousands of small, private-label trusts.
Ocwen Financial Corp., the mortgage servicer under attack for its handling of home loans, slumped the most in more than a month after receiving notices that it was being fired from overseeing debt backing two bond deals.
New Residential Investment Corp. posted net income of $54 million in the fourth quarter, as the company gears up to close its acquisition of Home Loan Servicing Solutions.
Mortgage professional hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Feb. 27.
House flippers are slowing down in Las Vegas and making less money than investors nationally, but they're still doing plenty of deals here and booking strong profits, a new report shows.
From Our Blogs
»The Hidden Impact of HOA Delinquencies
»New HECM Rules For Surviving Spouses Fall Short
»Market for MSRs Not So Lopsided After All
»Take Advantage of Opportunities to Get Ahead of HELOC Resets
»Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
»Debt Collection Law Warped by New Breed of Suits
»Understanding Mortgage Servicing in the Twitterverse
»New Subprime Loans Use Less Technology
»Are Servicers Ready for the Next Wave of Defaults?
»The Tale of Two Masters
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
- Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast for January Projects Weakening Home Sales
- Auction.com Introduces National Hospitality Division
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million