Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., is urging the House Committee on Oversight and Reform to investigate why regulators abruptly ended the independent foreclosure review and settled with banks last year.
A key point of contention is the 10 basis point user fee that the proposed Federal Mortgage Insurance Corp. would charge to support affordable housing efforts.
LRES has updated its DirectConnect platform designed to accelerate the valuation ordering process.
Mortgage delinquency and foreclosure rates in March declined to levels not seen in at least six years, according to data from Black Knight Financial Services.
Property-tax collections are rising at the fastest pace since the housing market crash sent government revenue plunging, helping end an era of local budget cuts.
From Our Blogs
»Challenges and Opportunities for the Mortgage Servicing Industry
»How to Improve Servicing Call Centers with Existing Tech
»Using Private Money to Build Clients Portfolios
»The HELOC Reset Wave: Sink or Swim
»CFPB Sends a Message, Loud and Clear
»Enhancing Servicing Insight Through Big-Data Analytics
»Common Myths about Loan Modifications
»How to Manage Servicing Compliance Without Losing Your Mind
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders