Bankers are trying to stop the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from allowing consumers to rank how companies handle complaints on a one- to five-star scale and to publish narratives of consumer experiences in an online public database. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
Steven Mnuchin's time as OneWest CEO is expected to draw ample attention at his nomination hearing, but it will not be the only issue to come up as senators try to gauge how he would lead President-elect Trump's financial policies.
The rare sale of a federally owned home in Boulder has offered a snapshot into the feeding frenzy that has become the city's real estate market in recent years.
The default rate on first mortgages increased a single basis point in December compared with November but was down 13 basis points over the same month last year, according to the S&P/Experian Consumer Credit Default Indices.
Moody's Corp. agreed to pay almost $864 million to resolve a multiyear U.S. investigation into credit ratings on subprime mortgage securities, helping to clear the way for the firm to move beyond its crisis-era litigation.
The company sued the former director over the debt, which disqualified him from board service.
Foreclosure activity continued to slow in Lee and Collier counties in 2016, following a national trend.
2016 was a record year for the local housing market, both in terms of new home construction and falling foreclosure rates.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Jan. 13.
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB
- Freedom Mortgage Wholesale Division Now Using Simplifile Collaboration Service
- Ellie Mae® Selects DataVerify® Risk Mitigation System for Its Total Quality Loan Program
- Four New Counties Adopt Simplifile as Wyoming Authorizes E-recording Statewide
- FIRST AMERICAN MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS INTEGRATES FRAUDGUARD WITH LOANLOGICS LOANHD PLATFORM