Lenders and servicers haven't faced the same scrutiny over data security as their peers in retail and other financial services sectors. But mortgage companies must remain vigilant, as the extensive data they collect can expose consumers to identity theft if it got in the wrong hands. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
The Alachua County (Fla.) Property Appraiser's Office has had a thorn in its side for the past 14 years.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Oct. 28.
Owners of Memphis' tallest building, 100 North Main Downtown, face foreclosure by a lender and appointment of a receiver to oversee remedies to a lingering anti-neglect case.
A market that some Ginnie Mae issuers tap to help finance their mortgage operations has a dwindling number of investors.
Millions of consumers' credit reports will no longer reflect past mortgage problems, which could open up borrowing opportunities for many of them.
Barclays is trying to draw a line at $2 billion in penalties to settle a U.S. investigation into its sale of mortgage securities after it received an opening offer that it considered too high.
Ocwen Financial Corp. posted a quarterly profit for the first time since 2015.
One of the lenders to Cowboys Dancehall is trying to force the popular honky-tonk to sell off the bar and liquidate its assets, according to documents filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in San Antonio.
- Sutherland Acquires Big Data Analytics Firm Nuevora
- Seven South Dakota Counties Adopt Simplifile as State Authorizes E-Recording for the First Time
- Corporate Settlement Solutions Implements DocMagics Total eClose Solution
- First American Mortgage Solutions Makes Full Range of Services Available Through LendingQB
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network