TCF Financial took $44 million in charges to rid itself of mortgages made before the housing collapse. A distressed-asset investor purchased more than $400 million in loans from the company, and another pool of bad mortgages may be marked for sale soon.
WASHINGTON The Treasury Department has exceeded its authority by keeping Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in conservatorship so long and taking all their profits, two legislative experts said Thursday.
The Federal Housing Administration will make foreclosure protections available to a larger number of surviving spouses of deceased reverse mortgage borrowers.
Banks have made progress cutting their exposure to risky home equity lines of credit, ahead of a key 10-year threshold when billions of dollars of them will reset to higher monthly payments. But there are some prominent exceptions, especially among regional banks.
Mortgage interest rates rose by three basis points compared with the previous week, the first time there has been an increase since the last week of December, according to Freddie Mac.
- JPM, Wells Loan Officers Got Kickbacks from Title Firm, CFPB Says
- Hope of FHA Refi Boom Grows on Eve of Premium Cut
- What a New Measure of Mortgage Denials Reveals About Credit Access
- FHFA Threatens Suits as Nevada Grapples with 'Super' Liens
- Senate Passes Tax Bill That Includes Key Mortgage Deductions
From Our Blogs
»It's Time to Revisit Subservicing
»Clearing the Road for GSE Reform
»Banks Should Go Green with Solar Mortgage Products
»RESPA and Section 8: Another Wake-up Call
»What a New Measure of Mortgage Denials Reveals About Credit Access
»State of the Union
»Pensions Increase MBS Holdings Amid Attempts to Recoup Past Losses
»Did the CFPB Really Just Say That?
»Government Looks to Stay Put in Mortgage Market
»Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
- Auction.com Introduces National Hospitality Division
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million
- Statement from Auction.com Research Topic: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) December Employment Situation
- Inlanta Mortgage Opens New Illinois Branch Office