Radian Group and MGIC Investment Corp. are among mortgage insurers that would need to fill a financial gap under new financial-strength rules proposed by the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services will launch a suite of training tools to help lenders comply with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's new integrated mortgage disclosures.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
Applications for loans to purchase newly constructed homes were down 5% in June from the month before, according to Mortgage Bankers Association data.
Whether it's the CFPB, a state regulator or a financial auditor coming to visit, here are some tips on getting your shop ready for the checkup.
Home equity lines of credit have been a key area of improvement among consumer loan types, a report Thursday from the American Bankers Association shows.
Mortgage rates for 30-year loans rose for the first time in four weeks, increasing borrowing costs as job creation bolsters the housing recovery.
From Our Blogs
»Supreme Court NLRB Decision Has Ripple Effects for Lenders
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»HUD Helps Clear Confusion in Loans to Long Term Care Industry
»Mortgage Originators Can Rise to the Student-Debt Challenge
»It's What Your Loan Officers Say that Matters
»Passing the CFPB Servicing File Test
»Slow Origination Market Requires Digital Transformation
»The Payoff from Automating Payoffs
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter