BY Jackie Stewart
The acquisition of Middleburg Financial would create a nearly $2.5 billion-asset bank in northern Virginia with strong mortgage originations and a growing wealth management business. It would provide an endgame for Middleburg while also making Access more appealing to potential buyers.
Arch Capital Group's mortgage insurance business had underwriting income of $37.4 million in the third quarter, an increase of 119% compared with the $17.1 million one year prior. more »
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will require underperforming servicers to document the technology and process changes they're making to implement the agency's recently released servicing regulations. more »
The U.S. housing market is about 10 times larger than Canada's, but we can learn a few lessons from the country's cautious approach to its housing policy. more »
A simple rhyme reminds one loan officer in a bustling California housing market to stay focused, committed and to treat every loan equally.
- Sutherland Acquires Big Data Analytics Firm Nuevora
- Seven South Dakota Counties Adopt Simplifile as State Authorizes E-Recording for the First Time
- Corporate Settlement Solutions Implements DocMagics Total eClose Solution
- First American Mortgage Solutions Makes Full Range of Services Available Through LendingQB
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network