Bank of America Corp. is nearing a settlement with the Justice Department after raising its proposed offer to resolve probes into its sale of mortgage-backed bonds in the run-up to the financial crisis.
Delinquency rates for commercial mortgage-backed securities improved slightly in July, according to a report released Wednesday by Trepp.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
Mortgage application volume decreased from the previous week as refinances fell but purchase activity rose slightly.
Bank of America Corp.'s Countrywide unit was ordered to pay $1.3 billion in penalties for defective mortgage loans sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis, a little more than half of what the federal government had requested.
Equifax Inc. has created a new Verification of Hazard Insurance service for mortgage and home equity lenders.
- An Amazon for Mortgages: Why Altisource Is Buying Mortgage Builder
- With Some Lenders Hurting, Could Double-Pledging Fraud Resurface?
- Banks' Pursuit of Top-Tier Borrowers Drives Jumbo Rates Down
- Big Banks' Mortgage Volume Soars, But Profits May Still Be Grounded
- Nonbank Mortgage Lenders Livid Over FHFA Watchdog Report
From Our Blogs
»What Shopping for End Tables Taught Me About Mortgages
»Sneak Peek at 2013 HMDA Data Shows Apps Down, Denials Up
»Pay Attention to the HMDA Proposals
»Six Regulatory Pitfalls Mortgage Lenders Should Avoid
»Dealing with Mortgage Emergencies
»Outsource Providers Must Deliver Service Levels Above the Contract's Terms
»Controlling Origination Costs Begins with the LOS
»Warehouse Lenders' Appetite Is Big Enough for Non-QM Loans
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter