Large mortgage servicers continued to shed delinquencies as overall loan performance improved in the fourth quarter, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency said Friday.
The Federal Housing Administration will require single family home mortgage appraisals to be submitted through an online electronic delivery portal starting on June 27, 2016, the agency announced.
Financial institutions are far from drowning because of underwater mortgages, with the impact of these loans mostly behind them, according to Fitch Ratings.
Housing affordability has shrunk as the issuing of new housing permits has failed to keep pace with population growth in cities across the country, according to research from Zillow.
From Our Blogs
»Servicers Should Engage Mediators in Distressed Borrower Outreach
»Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
»Short Memories Often Have Long-Term Consequences
»Prune HMDA Reporting Requirements for Small Banks
»When March Madness, Mobile and Mortgages Collide
»Clarifying the Department of Labor's Loan Officer Ruling
»The Wrong Assumptions About the 'Credit Invisibles'
»Dangers of Housing Policy 'Hidden in Plain Sight' No More
»Time to Reverse Decision to Put HECMs in the FHA MMI Fund
»The End of the Pre-Approval
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer