Embattled nonbank servicer Ocwen took a $100 million charge for a potential settlement of foreclosure violations and posted a third-quarter loss, but warned the final cost to settle allegations that it backdated foreclosure notices could be higher.
Technology companies such as Ellie Mae, which almost doubled its employees to 700 and saw its stock price reach a new high this year, are seizing an opportunity to transform how mortgages are made.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
The mortgage software tech company Ellie Mae reported net earnings of $4.1 million for this past quarter on the strength of its loan origination system software.
Small lenders are hoping a new representation and warranty framework by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will offer them alternatives to loan repurchases.
Mortgage rates across major loan product types rose nationally this past week, up from their lowest rates of the year.
From Our Blogs
»Expect Foreclosures and REO to Increase as QE Ends
»An Open Letter to CFPB's Richard Cordray
»A Loan to Help Homeowners Build Equity Fast
»Supply Chains Expose Lenders to NPPI Risks: Part 2
»CFPB Enforcement May Just be the Start of Concerns
»Supply Chains Expose Lenders to NPPI Risks
»A Closer Look at MSA Exclusivity Concerns
»Roulette Red Quickly Turns into Red Rocks Outside Las Vegas
»Vegas Dining Makes a Bid to Provide Quality as Well as Quantity
»MBA Annual Has a Lot to Offer, and So Does Vegas
SourceMedia's Partner Insights program enables marketers to deliver relevant content and insights directly to the National Mortgage News audience via SourceMedia's digital media platforms. Partner Insights content is produced by the marketer. To find out more, contact Tim Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-803-8760.
- Auction.com Launches Real Estate's First Nowcast
- LoanComplete from Fiserv Adds Document-to-Document Comparisons to Reduce Investor and Regulatory Risks, Improve Loan Quality
- Black Knights MSP Servicing System Supports Surge in Home Equity Loans With a Single Platform
- NTC Study Reveals up to 490,000 Homeowners May be Affected by Inaccurate Servicing Records
- Black Knight Financial Services Delivers SalesEdge, a Complete Lead Management and CRM Solution In One System