CoreLogic Inc., the property-data firm spun off from First American Financial Corp., hired Frank Nothaft from Freddie Mac as its chief economist.
Ocwen Financial Corp., one of the biggest U.S. mortgage servicers, rejected as "groundless" accusations by an investor group that the companys practices created defaults on home-loan bonds backed by debt it oversees.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
Home prices rose slightly in November, but are still down approximately 10% from their peak seen in June 2006, according to Black Knight Financial Services.
A California loan broker who defrauded investors of more than $17.4 million has been sentenced to five years in prison.
- Ocwen's Altisource Spinoff Fires 800 as CEO Pleas for Calm
- Altisource Adds Chief Revenue Officer to Ease Reliance on Ocwen
- JPM, Wells Loan Officers Got Kickbacks from Title Firm, CFPB Says
- What a New Measure of Mortgage Denials Reveals About Credit Access
- Freedom Mortgage Hiring 500 Employees for Possible FHA Surge
From Our Blogs
»RESPA and Section 8: Another Wake-up Call
»What a New Measure of Mortgage Denials Reveals About Credit Access
»State of the Union
»Pensions Increase MBS Holdings Amid Attempts to Recoup Past Losses
»Did the CFPB Really Just Say That?
»Government Looks to Stay Put in Mortgage Market
»Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
»How Buying Leads Could Infringe on RESPA
»VA Loans to Gulf War Vets Surge As Agency Builds Market Share
»Finding Superstars (and Losing One)
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million
- Statement from Auction.com Research Topic: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) December Employment Situation
- Inlanta Mortgage Opens New Illinois Branch Office
- Auction.com Facilitates the Closing of More than $205 Million in Commercial Assets in November