Editor in Chief
National Mortgage News
Austin Kilgore is the editor in chief of National Mortgage News and the SourceMedia Mortgage Group, which includes NMN, Origination News, Mortgage Servicing News and Mortgage Technology.
Kilgore writes articles for online and print, works both in front of and behind the camera to produce Web videos and other multimedia content and edits the work of staff journalists and contributors. He is also an active social media participant, engaging his audience across both personal and publication-branded Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook profiles.
He is a regular contributor to American Banker and other SourceMedia publications and has previously served as managing editor of the company's PaymentsSource.com.
Kilgore's served as an editor, reporter and photographer at numerous newspapers, magazines and online publications covering technology, financial services, real estate and public affairs. He is a Texas native and a graduate of Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
Recent Stories From this Author
Here's Why CFPB Had to Delay the TRID Deadline
June 18, 2015 It turns out the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's failure to file a two-page form to Congress on time was the...
CFPB Seeks to Calm TRID Fears Without Giving in to Calls for Leniency
June 3, 2015 It's no grace period, but the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is working placate lender fears of hasty enforcement of its...
A La Mode Carves Out Mercury Network for Private Equity Acquisition
May 7, 2015 Mercury Network, the mortgage lender and appraisal management company software unit of a la mode, was acquired by private...
CFPB Offers Early Look at Web Tool to Ease HMDA Error Checks
March 31, 2015 The technology, still in its early development stages, will analyze Home Mortgage Disclosure Act files prior to formal...
Painful Mortgage Memories Ebb, But Reform Obstacles Persist
March 12, 2015 Negative attitudes in Washington toward the mortgage industry are starting to thaw, yet devising Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's...
FHFA Can't Keep Renewing Refi Program Forever, Watt Says
March 4, 2015 The Federal Housing Finance Agency won't keep renewing initiatives like the Home Affordable Refinance Program in perpetuity,...
Servicing's Dubious Distinction: Most Mortgage Complaints to CFPB
February 26, 2015 Problems related to loan servicing dominate the consumer complaints about mortgage companies made to the Consumer Financial...
Mortgage Servicing Execs' Pay Now Tied to Compliance, Not Budget
February 24, 2015 The heightened regulatory environment for servicers has also prompted a wave of process improvements.
End of Refi Boom Cost More Jobs Than Originally Estimated
February 9, 2015 The end of the refinance boom cost more nonbank mortgage lender jobs than originally estimated, though the revised figures...
Zillow CEO Says Trulia Brand Will Continue After Acquisition
January 28, 2015 If Zillow is allowed to acquire rival Trulia, the company says it will maintain both brands' websites.
- How an End to MSAs Will Level the Mortgage Playing Field
- 10 Common and Costly Adjustments to Appraisal Comps
- Mortgage Servicers Resume Securitizing Repayment Rights
- CEO's Resignation May Portend Stonegate's Pursuit of an Acquirer: Analyst
- Fannie Mae Lowers Origination Projections for Second Half of 2015
- NTC named one of the Top Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Inc. Magazine
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report