Brian Collins is a senior editor at National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
How VA Underwriting Tool Could Free Lenders from QM's Constraints
July 23, 2014 The Department of Veterans Affairs' residual income test would give lenders more confidence to make riskier loans, according...
FHFA Can't Stop Hedge Fund Probe of GSE Dividend Plan, Judge Says
July 22, 2014 Court ruling gives hedge fund access to decision-making that led to Treasury collecting most of Fannie and Freddie's profits.
FHFA Proposal Could Force Price Hikes for Mortgage Insurance
July 22, 2014 Lower rates of return would require insurers to charge higher premiums or stop covering loans to borrowers with lower credit...
Housing Groups Criticize Single-Family Rental Investment Firms
July 21, 2014 Advocates blame the securitization-financed, institutional-scale landlords for astronomical rents and poor maintenance and...
SunTrust Ramping Up Loan Sales to Meet Liquidity Standards
July 21, 2014 The Atlanta bank's CEO sounds upbeat on the mortgage and housing markets. Unlike JPMorgan Chase, SunTrust appears to be...
CFPB Tries to Tame Monster It Helped Create: Mini-Correspondents
July 18, 2014 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau worries that mini-correspondent lenders are circumventing its qualified mortgage...
Ginnie Transferring Taylor, Bean Portfolio to Specialty Servicers
July 16, 2014 Carrington and Selene will take over from Bank of America as subservicers of this storied portfolio, which has atrophied from...
Bank of America Almost Done Selling Mortgage Servicing Rights
July 16, 2014 The bank has "one more sale to wrap up this quarter," its chief financial officer says.
Double-Whammy Coming When HELOCs, Loan Mods Reset in 2015
July 15, 2014 Borrowers with a first-lien modification and home equity line of credit could face a spike in their monthly mortgage...
Jamie Dimon Really Doesn't Like FHA Lending
July 15, 2014 "The real question for me is should we be in the FHA business at all," the CEO says.
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter