Brian Collins is a senior editor at National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
FHA's New Loan Defect Taxonomy Is No Panacea for Enforcement Woes
June 30, 2015 The Federal Housing Administration's new loan defect "taxonomy" may give lenders better clarity on the quality assurance...
FHLB Earnings Pumped Up by Mortgage Settlements
June 29, 2015 FHFA report shows FHLBs are well capitalized while Fannie and Freddie continue to see improving loan performance.
State Nonbank Servicing Plan Is 'Duplicative,' Groups Say
June 24, 2015 Two groups representing small and mid-size lenders say new proposed state mortgage servicing standards for nonbanks will add...
How Basel Rules Are Threatening Construction Lending
June 24, 2015 Bankers and commercial real estate developers are protesting new restrictions on construction lending, arguing they are poised...
Ginnie Mae MBS Issuance Tops Fannie in May
June 19, 2015 Ginnie Mae's issuance of mortgage-backed securities exceeded Fannie Mae's issuance in May for the first time since the late...
FHA Issues New Guidance on Loan Defects
June 18, 2015 FHA tries to clarify what loan defects will bring the harshest penalties to guide lenders and instill more confidence.
Foreclosure, Short Sale Decline Adds to Housing Inventory Woes
June 15, 2015 The decline in foreclosures and short sales is contributing to the dearth of housing inventory, complicating the prospects for...
FHA Charts Recovery After Premium Cut
June 11, 2015 Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro touted the Federal Housing Administration’s recent...
Senators Call on FHFA to Boost Fannie, Freddie Risk-Sharing Deals
June 10, 2015 A bipartisan group of Senate Banking Committee members is urging the Federal Housing Finance Agency to make risk-sharing a...
Three Takeaways from the Seattle-Des Moines FHLB Merger
June 9, 2015 The details of the final Des-Moines-Seattle Home Loan Bank deal made it clear why this merger worked when past attempts had...
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater