Brian Collins is a senior editor at National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
Ginnie Mae Helps Nonbanks Score Cash to Play in Mortgage Market
March 31, 2015 Some nonbank issuers of mortgage-backed securities are wrestling with capital pressures, and Ginnie Mae has cooperated with...
Low Inventories Putting Damper on Housing Recovery
February 13, 2015 Lenders are seeing higher demand for homes but are expecting only modest growth in sales this year due to the limited housing...
Republicans Hammer Castro Over FHA Premium Reduction
February 11, 2015 GOP lawmakers on Wednesday harshly criticized the Federal Housing Administration's recent move to lower insurance premiums,...
Why New CFPB Closing Form Is Driving Lenders 'Crazy'
February 5, 2015 New disclosure rules from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau don't go into effect until this summer, but lenders are...
FHFA's Watt Defends Contentious Home Loan Bank Membership Plan
February 4, 2015 In an interview, FHFA Director Mel Watt said there needs to be greater clarity to ensure some entities aren't taking improper...
Federal Court Dismisses Another GSE Investor Suit
February 3, 2015 Efforts by investors in the government-sponsored enterprises to find a more friendly court to challenge the government's...
Cheat Sheet: How Obama's Budget Would Affect Housing
February 2, 2015 President Obama's 2016 budget plan tackled a host of big picture items for mortgages, including Dodd-Frank reform, FHA lending...
Legislative Experts Question Legality of Treasury's GSE Moves
January 29, 2015 The Treasury Department has exceeded its authority by keeping Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in conservatorship so long and taking...
Horton's Bet on First-Time Buyers Paying Off
January 27, 2015 D.R. Horton, the nation's largest homebuilder, has found success in marketing new homes to the underserved niche of first-time...
Surge in Demand Slows Processing of FHA Case Numbers
January 27, 2015 FHA warned about possible slow down during peak hours and so far processing is proceeding better than expected.
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer