Recent Stories From this Author
Job Losses in Mortgage Sector Slow in October
December 6, 2013 Small lenders have reduced their payrolls by 11,000 workers since June.
Investor Group Buys Reverse Lender Urban Financial Group
December 5, 2013 The HECM lender is licensed in 43 states and issues Ginnie MBS.
Fannie, Freddie at Turning Point as New Regulator Enters
December 4, 2013 Plans to wind down the agencies may halt now that they are profitable and Congress is working on reforms.
Beige Book Cites Seasonal Factors for Slowing Home Sales
December 4, 2013 Tight inventories continue to put upward pressure on house prices.
New Home Sales Return to Summer Highs
December 4, 2013 There was strong homebuyer demand in all four regions tracked in a government report, surprising many economists who had...
Small Independent Lenders Suffer a Sharp Drop in Profits
December 4, 2013 Third-quarter loan production expenses hit a new high, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Large Reverse Mortgage Lender Securitizes HECM Draws
December 3, 2013 Investors pay a premium for these Ginnie Mae securities, a Walter Investment Management executive says.
House Prices Continue Upward Trend in October
December 3, 2013 Appreciation will slow going forward as seasonal factors come into play.
GSEs Overhaul MI Master Policies
December 2, 2013 New policies spell out "business interactions" between mortgage insurers and servicers.
Housing Recovery Still Has Momentum, Economist Says
December 2, 2013 More homeowners will put their homes up for sale next year and increase the supply.
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced
- DocMagic Takes eSign to the Streets, Signs 4506-T in Moving Tesla