Brian Collins is a senior editor at National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
CFPB Guidance Puts Mini-Correspondents 'On Notice'
July 11, 2014 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says brokers will have to comply with compensation limits even if they are funding...
Wells Fargo Guardedly Endorses Mel Watt's Agenda at FHFA
July 11, 2014 Wells Fargo executives said they support federal regulators' effort to expand mortgage credit availability but cautioned that...
GSEs Issue New Standards for Private Mortgage Insurers
July 10, 2014 Insurers would have two years to meet the tougher liquidity standards.
FHA Premium Issue Sure to Challenge New HUD Chief
July 9, 2014 Julian Castro, who was confirmed as the new secretary for housing and urban development, is bound to face continued industry...
Ginnie Seeks More Resources to Police Servicers
July 8, 2014 Secondary market agency is asking Congress for additional funding to increase monitoring of nonbank servicers.
How Co-Signers of Soured FHA Loans Turn Around and Get New Ones
July 7, 2014 When reporting defaults on government-insured single-family mortgages, the FHA identifies the primary borrower to a government...
Ginnie Poised to Eclipse Freddie as No. 2 Secondary Market Agency
July 7, 2014 Analysts are projecting Ginnie Mae could surpass Freddie Mac in outstanding MBS by next July.
Independent Mortgage Firms Are Finally Hiring Again
July 3, 2014 Small lenders filled 200 positions in May after slashing their payrolls by 10,000 workers this year, the new government jobs...
Ginnie Mae Gets Proactive Amid Concerns About Nonbank Servicers
July 2, 2014 Ginnie Mae is paying particular attention to nonbank servicers due to the same concerns an inspector general has raised about...
Regulators Issue New Guidelines on Home Equity Lines of Credit
July 1, 2014 Federal and state regulators are putting more pressure on banks to take immediate actions to address looming defaults of home...
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter