Brian Collins is a senior editor at National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
Bank Mortgage Originations Jump 32% in Second Quarter
August 29, 2014 Following one of worst quarters in six years, federally-insured banks and thrifts experienced a rebound in retail mortgage...
Are FHLBs the Answer to Jump-Starting Securitizers?
August 27, 2014 Allowing the Federal Home Loan Bank System to invest in mortgage-backed securities is just one of many ideas being pitched to...
FHA Tweaks Interest Rate Rules to Align with QM
August 27, 2014 The Federal Housing Administration is changing a pair of rules on interest rate payments and resets to align with the Consumer...
Obama Announces Partnership With Banks, Servicers to Help Military Families
August 26, 2014 President Obama announced an initiative Tuesday with several large banks and mortgage servicers designed to make it easier for...
Galante Says FHA Won't Need Another Draw from Treasury
August 21, 2014 Federal Housing Administration Commissioner Carol Galante signaled more affordable FHA financing could be coming as the...
Fernand St Germain, Lawmaker Who Led S&L Deregulation, Dies
August 19, 2014 The 14-term congressman was a dominating force as House Banking Committee chairman. But the savings and loan deregulation...
Why 'G-Fees' Have Taken Center Stage in Housing Finance Debate
August 19, 2014 The hot-button topic of what Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should charge for loan guarantees is emerging as a key issue in...
The Second Coming of Shared Appreciation
August 19, 2014 Equity sharing, a fledgling concept that never managed to gain traction as a loss mitigation strategy during the housing...
The Pitfalls of FHFA's Plan for a Single GSE Mortgage Security
August 14, 2014 While Fannie Mae should have a smooth transition to a new system, Freddie Mac might find the path more treacherous.
Chicago FHLB Moves Closer to Opening Mortgage Conduits
August 14, 2014 Regional bank has received regulatory OK to start pilots for its jumbo and government loan conduits.
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter