Brian Collins is a senior editor at National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
Galante Says FHA Won't Need Another Draw from Treasury
August 21, 2014 Federal Housing Administration Commissioner Carol Galante signaled more affordable FHA financing could be coming as the...
Why 'G-Fees' Have Taken Center Stage in Housing Finance Debate
August 19, 2014 The hot-button topic of what Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should charge for loan guarantees is emerging as a key issue in...
Fernand St Germain, Lawmaker Who Led S&L Deregulation, Dies
August 19, 2014 The 14-term congressman was a dominating force as House Banking Committee chairman. But the savings and loan deregulation...
The Second Coming of Shared Appreciation
August 19, 2014 Equity sharing, a fledgling concept that never managed to gain traction as a loss mitigation strategy during the housing...
Chicago FHLB Moves Closer to Opening Mortgage Conduits
August 14, 2014 Regional bank has received regulatory OK to start pilots for its jumbo and government loan conduits.
HUD Urged to Make Post-Sandy Waiver on 203(k) Loans Permanent
August 14, 2014 A temporary waiver allowing victims of Hurricane Sandy to finance foundation repairs and elevate their homes with 203(k)...
The Pitfalls of FHFA's Plan for a Single GSE Mortgage Security
August 14, 2014 While Fannie Mae should have a smooth transition to a new system, Freddie Mac might find the path more treacherous.
FHFA Reveals Key Details on Future of GSE Securities
August 12, 2014 The Federal Housing Finance Agency provided its first specifics Tuesday on how it intends to create a single security for...
FHA Commissioner Galante Leaving by End of 2014
August 11, 2014 Galante's impending departure may signal that the recovery of the federal mortgage insurance fund is nearly complete and an...
Walter Investment to Enter FHA/VA Origination Market
August 11, 2014 Walter Investment taps profits from HARP refinancings to build retail origination network.
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter