Freddie Mac plans to impose an annual $7,500 surcharge on small seller/servicers starting Jan. 1.
Once again, Fidelity National Financial had the biggest gain among Mortgage Industry Equity Composite stocks.
A bipartisan group of senators is drafting legislation designed to reform the housing finance system, including a plan to wind down the government-sponsored enterprises.
Interactive Mortgage Advisors is offering up for bid a $1.02 billion bulk Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage servicing rights package.
The Federal Housing Administrations total delinquency rate has dropped by over 300 basis points since December 2011 to 14.68% as of April 30.
Mortgage Insurance Cos. of America members saw more than double the number of loans they insured go through the Home Affordable Refinance Program and other refinancing programs for distressed borrowers in 1Q13 over the same period last year.
When the California Senate Appropriations Committee approved Senate Bill 30, which would extend existing provisions of state law protecting homeowners from having to pay income tax on a short sale, this was supposed to be positive news for Realtors and homeowners.
Ask the Experts is an educational video series, hosted by National Mortgage News that features an engaging Q&A with mortgage industry experts. This series, sponsored by Interthinx, addresses how today's mortgage industry professionals can manage risk and compliance issues, meet new regulatory requirements, and make better decisions with a focus on quality control and automation.
From Our Blogs
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Executives Attend PRIA and NACRC ConferenceseRecording Manager Speaks on Panel
- AllRegs Launches Consumer Training Resources for Financial Services Industry
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Names Michael OConnell Chief Operations Officer
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Earns Inc.s Hire Power AwardRecognized for Strengthening the Economy
- New DocMagic Facility Wins Prestigious AIA Honors Award