Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could return $179 billion in profits to taxpayers over the next 10 years if they continue operating under federal conservatorship, according to White House budget analysts.
Fannie Mae researchers attribute the sharp turn in perceptions to winter blues.
Keith Pedigo, who led efforts to modernize the Department of Veterans Affairs home loan guarantee program, has joined The Collingwood Group, founded by a former FHA commissioner.
Zaio Corp., a Canadian company that tracks property values in the U.S., is in talks to acquire Axis Appraisal Management Solutions.
A former managing director at the New York investment banking firm Jefferies & Co. has been convicted of multiple offenses involving a scheme to defraud customers trading in residential mortgage-backed securities.
FICO plans to release a new broad-based scoring model this summer that helps lenders analyze a consumer's credit risk with greater accuracy.
These companies have cut 21,500 employees since last summer.
HSBC Holdings and Wells Fargo agreed to settle lawsuits by mortgage holders who alleged they were forced to pay for property insurance at inflated rates.
From Our Blogs
»U.S. Housing Sector Is in Big Trouble
»Back Office Can Help Boost Conversion Rates, Too
»Three Growth Strategies for a Shrinking Mortgage Market
»Fannie Mae Accounting Scandal for Dummies
»Don't Push Your Luck with QM
»Changing the Loan Process
»Preparing for Litigation Under the Ability to Repay Rule
»Negotiating an Employment Contract
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced