The Federal Housing Administration is revamping its loan review processes to correct faulty underwriting in an effort to lure institutions back to the program.
Although the proposal to add more Home Mortgage Disclosure Act requirements was required by the Dodd-Frank Act, those in the lending industry said they were taken aback by the amount of additional information the CFPB is seeking, arguing it goes way beyond the regulatory reform law.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
The online ballot is now open for mortgage lender and servicing professionals to vote for their favorite technology and services vendors.
Zillow Inc. is seeking to acquire rival Trulia Inc. in a move to combine the two most-visited U.S. real estate websites.
Jessie Litvak's March conviction was the first tied to the Public-Private Investment Program, an initiative that used TARP funds to spur investments in mortgage-backed securities after the 2008 financial crisis.
JPMorgan Chase may need to pay more than the $4.5 billion it offered to settle investor claims over faulty mortgages packaged into securities before the U.S. housing crash.
- B of A Puts Countrywide Vet in Charge of Mortgage Lending
- The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
- CFPB Tries to Tame Monster It Helped Create: Mini-Correspondents
- Nonbank Mortgage Lenders Livid Over FHFA Watchdog Report
- CFPB May Be the Best Thing Ever for Independent Mortgage Bankers
From Our Blogs
»Dealing with Mortgage Emergencies
»Outsource Providers Must Deliver Service Levels Above the Contract's Terms
»Controlling Origination Costs Begins with the LOS
»Warehouse Lenders' Appetite Is Big Enough for Non-QM Loans
»CFPB May Be the Best Thing Ever for Independent Mortgage Bankers
»To the Mortgage Customer, Everything Is an Emergency
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter