The Federal Housing Administration is working to revamp its loan quality review program so that lenders will gain confidence in originating more single-family loans backed by the agency.
Two federal agencies and 15 states have taken more than 40 actions against foreclosure relief operations, alleging the firms charged distressed borrowers millions of dollars in fees without following through on service.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
The Department of Veterans Affairs' residual income test would give lenders more confidence to make riskier loans, according to an Urban Institute study.
A continued but modest rebound in the housing market and overall economy during the second half of 2014 are not likely to offset the sluggish pace of activity during the first two quarters of the year.
Foreclosure inventory fell to its lowest level in more than six years in June, according to a report from Black Knight Financial Services.
Mortgage application volume increased from the previous week due to more refinance activity.
- The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
- Black Knight Woos B of A to Get Back on Vendor's Servicing System
- CFPB Guidance Has Mini-Correspondents Rethinking Business Model
- Double-Whammy Coming When HELOCs, Loan Mods Reset in 2015
- B of A Puts Countrywide Vet in Charge of Mortgage Lending
From Our Blogs
»Dealing with Mortgage Emergencies
»Outsource Providers Must Deliver Service Levels Above the Contract's Terms
»Controlling Origination Costs Begins with the LOS
»Warehouse Lenders' Appetite Is Big Enough for Non-QM Loans
»CFPB May Be the Best Thing Ever for Independent Mortgage Bankers
»To the Mortgage Customer, Everything Is an Emergency
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter