Six years after Angelo Mozilo lost control of the largest mortgage lender in the U.S., and days after news that the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles plans to sue him, the Countrywide Financial Corp. founder is baffled by a new effort to punish him, proud of past triumphs and incensed by criticism.
DocMagic has partnered with Mountain America Credit Union to provide paperless loan closings to current service members as well as veterans.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
The overseer of the Federal Home Loan Banks is planning changes to membership rules that would keep investment firms and lenders lacking customer deposits out of the U.S. government-chartered system.
Los Angeles County is taking steps to restart its Property Assessed Clean Energy residential program by early 2015.
Lennar Homes and RBC Bank have formalized their unofficial agreement to help provide mortgages to Canadians buying homes in Southwest Florida.
From Our Blogs
»At Russia's Sberbank, Mortgages Come with a Free 'Cat Housewarming'
»B of A's Countrywide Woes Offer a Lesson in M&A Branding
»Rattlesnakes Can't Stop New Homes from Rising in the Desert
»To Reach Millennials, Think Outside the Box
»Refis Are Out There; Just Don't Depend on Them
»How Banks Can Back the Military on the Home Front
»The Best 'Recipe' for Preparing for a CFPB Exam: Part 2
»Auto Case Shows CFPB Will Fine Lenders for Not Protecting Borrowers
»Why Mortgage Lenders Have a Duty to Serve
»Selling Mortgages to Millennials
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices