California Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law a measure extending state income tax relief to borrowers with canceled or forgiven mortgage debt.
Court ruling gives hedge fund access to decision-making that led to Treasury collecting most of Fannie and Freddie's profits.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
Sales of previously owned homes climbed in June to an eight-month high as more listings helped prices cool, luring buyers into the market.
Advocates blame the securitization-financed, institutional-scale landlords for astronomical rents and poor maintenance and call for Congressional hearings and government oversight.
Document imaging and data processing firm Kofax has launched new consumer-facing technology designed to make it easier for borrowers to submit their financial information for a mortgage application.
FormFree Holdings, a mortgage technology vendor in Atlanta, received a U.S. patent for its automated asset verification system, AccountChek.
- The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
- Black Knight Woos B of A to Get Back on Vendor's Servicing System
- CFPB Guidance Has Mini-Correspondents Rethinking Business Model
- Double-Whammy Coming When HELOCs, Loan Mods Reset in 2015
- B of A Puts Countrywide Vet in Charge of Mortgage Lending
From Our Blogs
»Warehouse Lenders' Appetite Is Big Enough for Non-QM Loans
»CFPB May Be the Best Thing Ever for Independent Mortgage Bankers
»To the Mortgage Customer, Everything Is an Emergency
»They're Not All Bad Guys: Mortgage Bankers Seeking Bank Charters
»HUD Helps Clear Confusion in Loans to Long Term Care Industry
»Mortgage Originators Can Rise to the Student-Debt Challenge
»Passing the CFPB Servicing File Test
»Slow Origination Market Requires Digital Transformation
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter