Moody's Investors Service downgraded two servicer ratings for Ocwen Loan Servicing, reflecting additional scrutiny by regulators and concerns about the nonbank mortgage servicer's ability to ensure timely payments to bondholders.
Following one of worst quarters in six years, federally-insured banks and thrifts experienced a rebound in retail mortgage originations in the second quarter.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
An examination of the details in the B of A settlement shows many examples of risky behavior, including mortgage applications that were underwritten with "shadow" guidelines that allowed exceptions to approve almost any loan.
HSBC Holdings Plc and Nomura Holdings Inc. lost a bid to block claims by a U.S. regulator the banks say were brought too late, clearing the way for a trial of HSBC over questionable mortgage practices.
A bulletin from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau outlining new policies for mortgage servicing transfers has the industry on alert for another possible round of rulemaking coming down the pike.
From Our Blogs
»At Russia's Sberbank, Mortgages Come with a Free 'Cat Housewarming'
»B of A's Countrywide Woes Offer a Lesson in M&A Branding
»Rattlesnakes Can't Stop New Homes from Rising in the Desert
»To Reach Millennials, Think Outside the Box
»Refis Are Out There; Just Don't Depend on Them
»How Banks Can Back the Military on the Home Front
»The Best 'Recipe' for Preparing for a CFPB Exam: Part 2
»Auto Case Shows CFPB Will Fine Lenders for Not Protecting Borrowers
»Why Mortgage Lenders Have a Duty to Serve
»Selling Mortgages to Millennials
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices