The rate of delinquencies of 90 days or more has trended downward since 2009, but servicing costs have generally been rising, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association. That is not the way it used to work.
The scorecard compares issuers operational strength and skill in managing delinquent loans with those of their peers.
The Federal Housing Administration's recent premium reduction is undercutting the private sector and expanding the government's role in the housing market, housing finance industry representatives told a House subcommittee on Thursday.
Ocwen Financial Corp., the mortgage servicer under attack for its handling of home loans, is being fired from overseeing debt backing two bond deals, according to notices sent to bondholders.
It can be difficult to have enough staff to handle an exchange of mortgage servicing rights, though companies are exploring different solutions
Walter Investment Management Corp. revealed in both its fourth-quarter earnings release and a separate annual report filing with the SEC a potential settlement regarding a FTC and CFPB investigation into its Green Tree subsidiarys servicing practices.
- With Ocwen, Enforcement Is a Balancing Act
- Mobile Connectivity a Must for Originators to Remain Competitive
- Mortgage Servicing Execs' Pay Now Tied to Compliance, Not Budget
- Courts Confirm Fannie and Freddie Are Sovereign Credits: Report
- Have CFPB Rules Stifled Mortgage Credit? The Answer's Complicated
From Our Blogs
»The Hidden Impact of HOA Delinquencies
»The Relationship between Marketing and UDAAP
»New HECM Rules For Surviving Spouses Fall Short
»Market for MSRs Not So Lopsided After All
»Time-Tested Lessons for Higher Customer Retention Results
»Budgeting for Change
»Integrating Digital Does Not Foretell the End for Loan Officers
»Co-Issue Offers an Alternative to Selling Loans to Aggregators
»To See the Benefits of TILA-RESPA, Stay Positive
»Automate Quality Control, Elevate Loan Quality
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
- Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast for January Projects Weakening Home Sales
- Auction.com Introduces National Hospitality Division
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million