The regional banks are repurchasing excess stock and increasing dividends.
Ellie Mae in Pleasanton, Calif., reported a rise in second-quarter profits compared to last year, boosted by sales of its mortgage origination software.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
If finalized and then approved by regulators, the combination of the Des Moines and Seattle Home Loan banks would be the first voluntary merger in the systems history.
Mortgage rates held steady over the past week, remaining near their lowest levels for the year, according to Freddie Mac.
Bank of America Corp. is nearing a settlement with the Justice Department after raising its proposed offer to resolve probes into its sale of mortgage-backed bonds in the run-up to the financial crisis.
- An Amazon for Mortgages: Why Altisource Is Buying Mortgage Builder
- Banks' Pursuit of Top-Tier Borrowers Drives Jumbo Rates Down
- Big Banks' Mortgage Volume Soars, But Profits May Still Be Grounded
- With Some Lenders Hurting, Could Double-Pledging Fraud Resurface?
- PHH's CEO Messina Also to Head Mortgage Unit
From Our Blogs
»Survey Customers at the Right TimeFor Them
»What Shopping for End Tables Taught Me About Mortgages
»Sneak Peek at 2013 HMDA Data Shows Apps Down, Denials Up
»Pay Attention to the HMDA Proposals
»Six Regulatory Pitfalls Mortgage Lenders Should Avoid
»Dealing with Mortgage Emergencies
»Outsource Providers Must Deliver Service Levels Above the Contract's Terms
»Controlling Origination Costs Begins with the LOS
»Warehouse Lenders' Appetite Is Big Enough for Non-QM Loans
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter